The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB Direct Entry and UTME Registration form for the academic session of 2017/2018 is now on sale and UTME profile can be created from home via SMS. Added to UTME 2018 interface is how to buy E-PIN online through Remita or Interswitch after creatin profile in JAMB portal.
Simple Way To Create JAMB UTME Profile Via SMS
JAMB profile creation from home using SMS is one the latest improvement JAMB made this year to easy registration and to avoid too much error encountered during the process of registration.
Profile Creation from Home by Candidates Using Cellphones – Text (SMS)
1. Sends his/her Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to JAMB short code of 55019
2. One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only
3. A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN
4. You are required to supply the unique profile code using http://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility/CandPay/InitPay
to get your details, then a payment gateway will be opened to complete your transaction.
5. After successful payment, take the ePIN to any JAMB Accredited CBT centre to complete registration.
PROFILE SELF HELP IN CASE OF
MISTAKE / LOSS
To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number)
“CORRECT Surname First name Middle name” to 55019
To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019
JAMB ePIN SELLING POINTS
Mobile Money Operators including eTranzact (Paga, Cellulant, Teasy Mobile e.t.c.)
Registered Microfinance Banks – (Ifesowapo, Regent, FUDMFB, Welfare MFB)
Online Payment – Remita & Interswitch (Switches)
USSD (NIBSS & ERCAS) – for mobile (Internet/online) banking